Van Insurance Green Card – The Facts!

If you are planning to go on tour in the near future, then listen up, because we have important information about your van.

We all know how UK van drivers like to go on tour. Off they go, into Europe (and beyond), driving on the wrong side of the road and getting on the wrong side of the law.

It’s part and parcel of being a van driver and no-one can call themselves a true van driver until they have spent a few days in a foreign jail or raged against European police officers.

Just like you can’t call yourself a true van driver if you don’t use Cheap Van Insurance at renewal time to get yourself the best prices in the UK.

With Brexit just around the corner, going on tour to countries such as Spain, France, Italy and Germany have just become more tricky. You can’t just set sail at Dover and land at Calais, without a care in the world.

Once Brexit happens then you will need something called a van insurance green card to legally drive in Europe.

If you don’t have it, then in our opinion you won’t make it out of Calais before those handcuffs are slapped on and you are chucked into a French Prison.

So how do you get a van insurance green card? Simple…all you do is contact your van insurance company and ask for one.

In essence, they will be “vouching” that you have adequate insurance to drive abroad, so you can drive legally on European roads.

However, if you are planning to go on tour in the near future then make sure you get your green card sorted quickly.

The van insurance companies already have a line for green card applications, and once Brexit happens then you can expect the wait line to become even longer.

In other words, don’t hesitate to get your van insurance green card, because he who hesitates, could very well find himself stuck in the UK with no chance of going on tour.

Now…here is the really important part about your van insurance green card. Once accepted, then you will have to print it off yourself, and in order to be legal it MUST be printed on green paper.

Apparently our European cousins are very colour coordinated, and they insist that a Green Card must be presented on Green Paper.

This has led experts to predict a shortage of green printing paper over the coming weeks, as van drivers rush to print off their Green Cards.

Our advice? Go out right now and buy some green paper and then get this whole thing sorted out.

Oh, and while you are at it don’t forget to check van insurance prices from around 40 van insurance companies and brokers right here at CVI.

© 2021 All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited. See our copyright notice.

Share your views

To leave a comment on this story, please insert your details below.